- What is Focus Huntsville/Madison County?
- Who should apply for Focus?
- What is the Focus program experience and curriculum like?
- What will I get to do as part of the Focus class?
- What does my business gain from my participation?
- What can I expect to take from Focus?
- What leaders will I meet with?
- What is the time commitment?
- Do I need references?
- How large is the class size?
- I’m interested, but I don’t know if my employer will support me participating in Focus. What should I do?
- What is the cost?
- Is tuition assistance available?
- How do I apply for Focus?
- When is tuition due?
Focus is a 2 ½-day program that provides a behind-the-scenes look at Huntsville/Madison County, offering you a chance to meet the leaders of our community, explore all Huntsville has to offer, and learn about the things that make our city a great place to live, work, and play! Focus is a great way to expand personally and professionally networks, gain exposure for your organization, and learn how and where to plug into our community. Participants walk away with 50 new friends and connections across the community.
Anyone who wishes to learn more about Huntsville/Madison County and is ready to take a more active role in the community should apply! Classes are comprised of a diverse group of individuals from executives, small business owners, young professionals, retirees, and nonprofit directors.
Focus is not just for those who are new to the city; lifelong residents often find they feel more connected and engaged after completing the program.
Focus brings up to 50 participants from across the community together for a fast track 2 ½ day leadership program experience. Focus includes panel discussions, hands-on tours and interactive discussions with community leaders.
- History of Madison County
- Economic Base/Redstone Arsenal
- Human Services
- Local, State, and Federal Government
- Public Safety
- Quality of life
You can expect to walk away with up to 50 new friends in the community!
Focus participants will:
- Meet and network with top local leaders
- Learn how to get plugged into our community
- Explore all facets of the community from our local economy, health care, local government, education, and much more!
- Focus is a great way to provide new employees an orientation to all Huntsville/Madison County has to offer.
- Valuable new relationships that can result in new opportunities, networking, and visibility for your organization.
- Recognize and reward top talent through participation in the Focus program.
You can expect to take away:
- A hand’s on learning experience to discover all Huntsville has to offer
- Exposure to local community leaders
- Meeting and networking with 50 class members as well speakers, moderators, and Focus volunteers
- Focus graduates have a stronger application for other Leadership Huntsville programs
You will meet with expert leaders in the following fields:
- Local government
- Health care
- Non Profit
- Team Redstone
- Chamber/Downtown Huntsville
One of the great things about Focus is the program is only 2 1/2 days! Focus Class 26 will meet on:
11/29: ½ day
11/30: Full day
12/1: Full day with graduation social in the evening
Yes. We only ask for names, phone numbers, and email address of two references.
Each class consists of 50 participants from diverse sectors of the community.
I’m interested, but I don’t know if my employer will support me participating in Focus. What should I do?
Your company or organization will benefit from your participation in in Focus in many ways. It increases your visibility in the community and engages employees in Huntsville/Madison County. After completing Focus graduates are part of the Leadership Alumni Association. In addition to gaining access to the LHMC Alumni database, graduates can attend Alumni events and workshops offered, find a mentor, and continue their growth as leaders in our community.
Leadership Huntsville/Madison County would be happy to help you make the case for your participation in the class! Contact Danielle R. Barnes for more details and to learn how valuable Focus can be for your organization.
Tuition assistance is available on a limited basis. Please mark on your application if you are in need of tuition assistance. Contact Danielle for more information.
Tuition is due upon acceptance to the class. Unless you have specially entered into a payment plan, tuition is due 30 days prior to class.