Are you new to Huntsville, new to a position of leadership or just want to be more civically engaged? Focus is the program for you! Focus is an interactive 2 ½ day experience designed specifically to give you an insider’s look into Huntsville/Madison County. Focus graduates take away a deeper understanding of Huntsville/Madison County and a better sense of how to put leadership into action. Plus, you’ll leave with up to 50 new friends you likely would never have crossed paths with otherwise!
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Anyone is welcome to apply for Focus! From newcomers to native residents of Madison County, we know you’ll enjoy this fascinating insider’s look at our community. Classes include participants from diverse backgrounds and all sectors of the community. Busy executives, civic volunteers, retirees, small business owners, young professionals, and nonprofit leaders all participate in Focus on a yearly basis.
HOW INDIVIDUALS BENEFIT
- Meet and network with top local leaders.
- Learn how to get plugged into our community.
- Explore all facets of the community from our local economy, health care, local government, education, and much more!
HOW YOUR ORGANIZATION BENEFITS
- Focus is a great way to provide new employees a personal and informative “crash course” on what Huntsville/Madison County has to offer.
- Valuable new relationships that often result in new opportunities, networking, and visibility for your organization.
- Recognize and reward top talent within your organization.
Class 36 Information
Nov. 29 (1/2 day) - Dec. 1, 2017
Contact: Danielle R. Barnes, Program Director, at (256) 489-2281, ext. 306
Target Candidates: Anyone with enthusiasm to learn more about Huntsville/Madison County and wants to take a more active role as a citizen should participate in Focus. Typically, participants range from newcomers to the community to long-time residents.
Fall Application Deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2017